Обсуждение: Disc space - UnUsed tuples

Disc space - UnUsed tuples

От
"Rune"
Дата:
I have a database with a table where new tuples are often added and then
updated. I get around 50000 new inserts every day, and every single tuple
gets an update one or more times. This I think is the reason that the
database takes up a lot more disc space then the actually data really need
(UnUsed tuples), and I need to free space. The database needs to run 24
hours a day, hence I cannot run vaccuum full to free space. My disc is
getting full and I sure would have appreciated it if someone could give me a
hint on what to do ?!?

Urle

Re: Disc space - UnUsed tuples

Дата:
"Rune" <rune@inpoc.com> writes:
> I have a database with a table where new tuples are often added and then
> updated. I get around 50000 new inserts every day, and every single tuple
> gets an update one or more times. This I think is the reason that the
> database takes up a lot more disc space then the actually data really need
> (UnUsed tuples), and I need to free space. The database needs to run 24
> hours a day, hence I cannot run vaccuum full to free space. My disc is
> getting full and I sure would have appreciated it if someone could give me a
> hint on what to do ?!?

Run regular vacuum more often, and/or boost your FSM parameters (in
postgresql.conf).  You can find plenty of discussion of this in the
archives ...

            regards, tom lane