Обсуждение: [SOLVED] RE: PostgreSQL 7.3 installation on RedHat 8.0 fails

[SOLVED] RE: PostgreSQL 7.3 installation on RedHat 8.0 fails

От
Murthy Kambhampaty
Дата:
Sorry for the chatter. I used "gmake" instead of "make" and passed all 89
tests. That's a new one on me.

With apologies,
    Murthy

-----Original Message-----
From: Murthy Kambhampaty
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 15:58
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org; pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: PostgreSQL 7.3 installation on RedHat 8.0 fails

On RedHat 8.0 (upgraded from Red Hat 7.2 with PostgreSQL 7.2.3), "make
check" gives the following error:

"/home/postgres/postgresql-7.3/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//usr/loc
al/pgsql/bin/pg_encoding: relocation error:
/home/postgres/postgresql-7.3/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//usr/loca
l/pgsql/bin/pg_encoding: undefined symbol: pg_char_to_encoding
createdb: "SQL_ASCII" is not a valid encoding name
pg_regress: createdb failed"

./configure line was:
CFLAGS='-O2 -pipe' ./configure --enable-integer-datetimes --with-perl
--with-python --with-tcl --enable-syslog

On a different machine, I have successfully compiled and installed running
RedHat 8.0 (but without an existing PostgreSQL installation) and passed all
tests.

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Murthy