Обсуждение: UNICODE -> SJIS problem

UNICODE -> SJIS problem

От
"Jefim Matskin"
Дата:
I'm trying to develop an international app that will work for the far east countries too.
Working with the PostgreSQL 7.3 and have created a database with the Unicode encoding (createdb -E unicode ...)
I have an external data source that holds some japaneese data in the UTF-8 encoding.
I'm managing to read this data source and insert the data into my postgres database.
The troubles start when I'm try to display the data using SJIS client encoding. The data is returned as unicode
(UTF-8).

Please help.

> Jefim Matskin
> BSS team leader
Sphera Technologies LTD
> Tel: +972.3.9008223
> mailto:mjefim@sphera.com
> http://www.sphera.com/

Re: UNICODE -> SJIS problem

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Jefim Matskin writes:

> I have an external data source that holds some japaneese data in the
> UTF-8 encoding.  I'm managing to read this data source and insert the
> data into my postgres database. The troubles start when I'm try to
> display the data using SJIS client encoding. The data is returned as
> unicode (UTF-8).

Then your attempts to try to display the data as SJIS were unsuccessful,
but it's hard to tell why if you don't provide a lot more detail than
this.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: UNICODE -> SJIS problem