Обсуждение: Re: dumb question: how to get a list of databases?

Re: dumb question: how to get a list of databases?

От
monika.koenig@bonn.de (M.König)
Дата:
Jack Flak <jack@jackflak.net> wrote in message news:<9MEG9.2902$PK6.160071979@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>...
> Greetings group,
>
> How do I get a list of current, existing databases (catalogs) for my
> current installation?
>
> Also: how do I find out my current version in linux?  I ran this:
>
>    /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql --version
>
> and I got this:
>
>    psql (PostgreSQL) 7.1
>
> So it looks like I'm currently running 7.1.  Is this the only way to
> find out?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>

> (Email address is invalid to prevent more spam)
you can use a simple sql to find it out.

try: select datname from pg_database ;

Re: dumb question: how to get a list of databases?

От
Jack Flak
Дата:
Thanks for the help!  That worked just fine.

I also found this (from within psql):

# \l
  List of databases
 Database  |  Owner