Обсуждение: Logging RAISE statement to a logfile aside from syslog

Logging RAISE statement to a logfile aside from syslog

От
Ludwig Lim
Hi:

   Is there a way of logging the RAISE statements in a
plpgsql function to a logfile (aside from syslog)? I
noticed that all RAISE statments are only logged in
the syslog.

   The following is a portion my current configuration
related to logging:
   log_connection = true
   log_timestamp = true
   debug_level = 3

   syslog = 2
   syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
   syslog_ident = 'postgres'

   I did not raise the log level to 4 since it create
large volumes of logfile.

  The following is the portion of the script that
start my postgresql daemon at boot in /etc/rc.d/init.d
:

start() {
    su postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl start
-l /var/log/postgres/postgres.log -D /data 2>
/var/log/postgres/postgres.log"
}

 - I noticed that postgres.log does not contain
anything when the debug level is at 3.

  Version :  PostgreSQL 7.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu,
compiled by GCC 2.96
  Platform : Redhat 7.1

Thank you in advance,
ludwig

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: Logging RAISE statement to a logfile aside from syslog

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 01:29, Ludwig Lim wrote:
> Hi:
>
>    Is there a way of logging the RAISE statements in a
> plpgsql function to a logfile (aside from syslog)? I
> noticed that all RAISE statments are only logged in
> the syslog.

I dont think there is any way to get just the RAISE statements to log
somewhere else (short of hacking the db code), though you could generate
a file with that information easily with grep.

Robert Treat