Обсуждение: problems with pltcl.so

problems with pltcl.so

От
"Josh Goldberg"
Дата:
I am trying to use pgreplicator and after (FINALLY) seeming to have the program running, I run into an error loading pltcl.so somewhere in the code.  The following error is sent to me from the backend:

ERROR:  Load of file /home/postgres/lib/pltcl.so failed: dlopen '/home/postgres/lib/pltcl.so' failed. (Shared object "libtcl80.so.1" not found)

I am on freebsd 4.4, I have libtcl80.so.1 in /usr/local/lib and not only is it in my ld-elf.so.hints file but I also manually put /usr/local/lib in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to no avail.  I built tcl80 from the ports collection and compiled postgres7.2.2 against the sources in the ports directory.  Any ideas?  I would greatly appreciate help on this!

Josh Goldberg

Re: problems with pltcl.so

Дата:
"Josh Goldberg" <josh@4dmatrix.com> writes:
> ERROR:  Load of file /home/postgres/lib/pltcl.so failed: dlopen '/home/post=
> gres/lib/pltcl.so' failed. (Shared object "libtcl80.so.1" not found)

> I am on freebsd 4.4, I have libtcl80.so.1 in /usr/local/lib and not only is=
>  it in my ld-elf.so.hints file but I also manually put /usr/local/lib in my=
>  LD_LIBRARY_PATH to no avail.

I'm not very familiar with freebsd, but if it uses LD_LIBRARY_PATH, keep
in mind that the value that counts is the one in the postmaster's
environment.  Did you restart the postmaster with the corrected path in
its environment variables?

            regards, tom lane

Re: problems with pltcl.so

От
"Josh Goldberg"
Дата:
my goodness that didn't even brush past my mind!  thanks much for the
assist! :)
> > ERROR:  Load of file /home/postgres/lib/pltcl.so failed: dlopen
'/home/post=
> > gres/lib/pltcl.so' failed. (Shared object "libtcl80.so.1" not found)
>
> > I am on freebsd 4.4, I have libtcl80.so.1 in /usr/local/lib and not only
is=
> >  it in my ld-elf.so.hints file but I also manually put /usr/local/lib in
my=
> >  LD_LIBRARY_PATH to no avail.
>
> I'm not very familiar with freebsd, but if it uses LD_LIBRARY_PATH, keep
> in mind that the value that counts is the one in the postmaster's
> environment.  Did you restart the postmaster with the corrected path in
> its environment variables?
>
> regards, tom lane

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: problems with pltcl.so

От
"Josh Goldberg"
Дата:
It was listed in the ldconfig hints file, but adding LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the
postmaster's login environment explicitly did the trick.