Обсуждение: Readline problems & postgresql-7.2.2

Readline problems & postgresql-7.2.2

От
"Garvey, Mary"
Дата:
Hello,

I've been trying to get postgres to install with readline, but keep getting:

checking for readline... (cached) no

With previous versions the following seemed to do the trick:

./configure --prefix=/apps/postgres/pgsql
--with-includes=/apps/postgres/readline/include/
--with-libraries=/apps/postgres/readline/lib/

Tried it with and without the final / on the directory name with the same
lack of success. It's being installed on a Sun Sparc, SunOS 5.8 and using
readline 4.1.

Any advice greatly received!

Mary

Re: Readline problems & postgresql-7.2.2

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 07:08:34PM +0100, Garvey, Mary wrote:
> Tried it with and without the final / on the directory name with the same
> lack of success. It's being installed on a Sun Sparc, SunOS 5.8 and using
> readline 4.1.

Was readline compiled with the same compiler & settings?  In
particular, if you're compiling one of them with large file support
or as a 64 bit app, and the other one hasn't been so compiled, it
always fails in my experience.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110