Обсуждение: unable to reconnect to database server

unable to reconnect to database server

От
Merlita Maricuelo
Дата:
Help! I lost the connection between the web form and
postgresql database. Before it worked ok but when I
changed the desktop and then reboot. I can't
reconnect. Then I entered $initdb -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data hoping to fix the problem. It
didn't. I'm not sure what to do?

BTW, I am using Postresql in Linux RH 7.3. Somebody
else setup the connection, I'm just trying to maintain
it.

Here's the error I received: (I'm not sure what it
means...)
"Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
could not connect to server: No such file or directory
connections on Unix domain socket
"/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"? in
/var/www/html/php_session_files/postgresql_sessions.inc
on line 4
Can't connect to the database"

Please help...

hank you very much,
Milet

http://finance.yahoo.com

Re: unable to reconnect to database server

От
dima
Дата:
> Here's the error I received: (I'm not sure what it
> means...)
> "Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> Is the server running locally and accepting
> connections on Unix domain socket
> "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"? in
> /var/www/html/php_session_files/postgresql_sessions.inc
> on line 4
> Can't connect to the database"
>
> Please help...

hmm, really...
is the postmaster running? -- ps -aux | grep postmaster
it seems that postmaster is absent in your startup files; check that out

Re: unable to reconnect to database server

От
Merlita Maricuelo
Дата:
I checked and I got this info:
root 6886 0.0 0.4 1760 600pts/0 22:33 0:00 grep
postmaster.

--- dima <_pppp@mail.ru> wrote:
> > Here's the error I received: (I'm not sure what it
> > means...)
> > "Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> > could not connect to server: No such file or
> directory
> > Is the server running locally and accepting
> > connections on Unix domain socket
> > "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"? in

/var/www/html/php_session_files/postgresql_sessions.inc
> > on line 4
> > Can't connect to the database"
> >
> > Please help...
>
> hmm, really...
> is the postmaster running? -- ps -aux | grep
> postmaster
> it seems that postmaster is absent in your startup
> files; check that out

http://finance.yahoo.com

Re: unable to reconnect to database server

От
dima
Дата:
> I checked and I got this info:
> root 6886 0.0 0.4 1760 600pts/0 22:33 0:00 grep
> postmaster.
now we are sure that postmaster wasn't started, right ;)
run it by hand & add to /etc/rc.d (if you're running linux), so it'll
start automatically after the next reboot.

Re: unable to reconnect to database server

От
"Jules Alberts"
Дата:
On 28 Aug 2002 at 7:10, Merlita Maricuelo wrote:
> I checked and I got this info:
> root 6886 0.0 0.4 1760 600pts/0 22:33 0:00 grep
> postmaster.

if that's all you get postmaster is not running. Try (as root) running
/etc/init.d/postgresql restart, this should stop pg (and will probably
fail) en start it again (should work).

I read you're running a rh7.3. Did you do any patching lately? I have a
rh7.3 too, always keep current with the latest RPMs. I noticed this
morning when booting my box (it isn't a server, just a test system)
that pg wasn't running. Maybe one of the RPM upgrades has changed
something so that pg will not boot up? I checked the processes with
setup et voila: pg was unchecked. Checking it again should solve it.

Has anybody else noticed this?

--
Jules Alberts.