Обсуждение: Accessing DB of non-user name

Accessing DB of non-user name

От
Toni Hermoso
Дата:
Hello list,

I'm trying PostgreSQL having previous experience with MySQL.

I have got the following problem:
I want to allow database access to a user (username1)  to a database with a name different to the same user (which may
ornot be created by such user).
But I do not manage.
I have the following entries in pg_hba.conf:

host    sameuser    127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255 md5
host  all    127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255        md5    admins

Allowing TCP/IP access restricted to localhost to users with same database name and
allowing TC/IP access to all databases by superusers (admin group).

Anyway I cannot manage one user: user1 may access database user2, f.instance

I tried

host user2 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 user1group -> whre user1group refers to pg_ident map.

On the other hand when I add this line (wherever upper or lower to 2 previous ones) I cannot access user2 database
thru'superusers.

When 'host all' line is substituted by an equivalent local all    md5 admins -> I haven't got the last problem, but I
cannotconnect to user2 thu' user1 yet.

I tried grant tables and other objects if present with no result.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

--
Toni Hermoso Pulido
web: http://www.arrakis.es/~toniher

pgp_public_key:
http://www.arrakis.es/~toniher/toniher.pgp

        *** Cífratelo, cífraselo ***

Re: Accessing DB of non-user name

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
This will work in 7.3. I believe in 7.2 that the sameuser entry will match
for any db, so this rule will always be used and the following rule
specifying all for the db will never be used.
A 7.2 work around might be to use different local IP addresses to connect
to postgres depending on which db you are trying to use.