Обсуждение: Default settings

Default settings

От
Martins Zarins
Дата:
Hello all!

HOWTO save (is this posible at all?) subj?
everytime I run psql I must write "set datestyle to german;"
Where I can set this variable for all databases on my server forever?

Mark.

Re: Default settings

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Martins Zarins wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> HOWTO save (is this posible at all?) subj?
> everytime I run psql I must write "set datestyle to german;"
> Where I can set this variable for all databases on my server forever?

I believe datestyle has an entry in postgresql.conf.

Re: Default settings

От
"Nick Fankhauser"
Дата:
Actually, I think this is an environment variable, so you'd want to set it
up so the postgres user gets it before starting the postmaster.
(PGDATESTYLE=)

If you are running the Debian Linux package, it can be set in
postmaster.conf, but AFAIK, that file doesn't exist in other distributions
or the source.

Details here:
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?libpq-envars.html

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/

Re: Default settings

Дата:
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> writes:
> I believe datestyle has an entry in postgresql.conf.

It will in 7.3, but in prior releases you have to fool with some
environment variable or other (I think PGDATESTYLE, but check the
manual).

            regards, tom lane