Обсуждение: --enable-locale

--enable-locale

От
Elielson Fontanezi
Дата:
Hi!

    I need tipos about --enable-locale configure option.
    I have run ./configure --enable-locale --enable-muiltibyte=UNICODE
and when I
run /root/postgresql-7.2.1/src/test/locale/test-pgsql-locale it always says:

PostgreSQL compiled with locale support.

    What am I doing wrong?

A Question...
Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I
have awaited a question.

Elielson Fontanezi
DBA Technical Support - PRODAM
Parque do Ibirapuera s/n - SP - BRAZIL
+55 11 5080 9493

Re: --enable-locale

От
Oliver Elphick
Дата:
On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 17:14, Elielson Fontanezi wrote:
> Hi!
>
>     I need tipos about --enable-locale configure option.
>     I have run ./configure --enable-locale --enable-muiltibyte=UNICODE
> and when I
> run /root/postgresql-7.2.1/src/test/locale/test-pgsql-locale it always says:
>
> PostgreSQL compiled with locale support.
>
>     What am I doing wrong?

You asked for locale support; you got locale support.  What is the
problem?

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good
      courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for
      the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou
      goest."                        Joshua 1:9

Multiple SQL statements within a function...

От
"Marc Mitchell"
Дата:
If you have multiple SQL statements within a single SQL or PL/PGSQL
function, are they automatically treated as a single multi-statement
transaction or does this require you to put BEGIN/COMMIT statements within
your function which itself would require you to be cognoscente of the
transactional state of your current database session.

Am assume the MST is implicit but have been looking for answer in online
docs and have  been unable to confirm one way or the other.  Can anyone
sight a documentation reference?

Thanks,

Marc Mitchell
Enterprise Information Solutions, Inc.
marcm@eisolution.com

Re: Multiple SQL statements within a function...

Дата:
"Marc Mitchell" <marcm@eisolution.com> writes:
> If you have multiple SQL statements within a single SQL or PL/PGSQL
> function, are they automatically treated as a single multi-statement
> transaction

Yes.  The function is necessarily invoked within an interactive query
(SELECT, UPDATE, or whatever) and that establishes the transaction
context.  The function cannot create a transaction boundary, because
doing so would break whatever query it was called from.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Multiple SQL statements within a function...

От
Haroldo Stenger
Дата:
El jue, 01-08-2002 a las 01:06, Tom Lane escribió:
> Yes.  The function is necessarily invoked within an interactive query
> (SELECT, UPDATE, or whatever) and that establishes the transaction
> context.  The function cannot create a transaction boundary, because
> doing so would break whatever query it was called from.

That will change with nested transactions support, won't it?

Regards