Обсуждение: Meaning of message in logfile

Meaning of message in logfile

От
Bob Smith
Дата:
I'm running Postgres 7.2.1 on Mac OS X Server 10.1.5, and the logfile is
getting quite large because it logs this:

bootstrap_look_up() failed (ipc/send) invalid destination port

about once a minute.  I have not changed the configuration file at all
from the defaults.  The server seems to be working just fine.  Anyone
know what this message means, or how to make it stop?

Bob Smith
Hammett & Edison, Inc.
bsmith@h-e.com

Re: Meaning of message in logfile

Дата:
Bob Smith <bsmith@h-e.com> writes:
> I'm running Postgres 7.2.1 on Mac OS X Server 10.1.5, and the logfile is
> getting quite large because it logs this:

> bootstrap_look_up() failed (ipc/send) invalid destination port

Are you certain that message is coming from Postgres?  I've never seen
it before, and there's no instance of the string "bootstrap_look_up"
(nor obvious variants) anywhere in the Postgres sources.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Meaning of message in logfile

От
Bob Smith
Дата:
The postmaster is being started "postmaster ... >>
/usr/local/pgsql/logfile 2>&1", and the messages are appearing in
/usr/local/pgsql/logfile.  They do not appear in the syslog.  I just
assumed it was Postgres doing this, but it must be a message the OS is
writing from the postmaster's process.  Sounds like I need the
assistance of an OS X expert, I'll try some OS X related discussion
groups.

Thanks for your help!

Bob Smith
Hammett & Edison, Inc.