Обсуждение: Input/output error

Input/output error

От
"Dan Langille"
Дата:
This morning I encountered the following error on my 7.2 database:

ERROR: cannot read block 16840 of commits_latest: Input/output error

The table 'commits_latest' was a derived table.  I dropped it, created it,
granted the permissions, and ran the stored procedure which populates this
table.  All went well and I had my database back and running.

I ran a VACUUM ANALYZE.  No problems were reported.  Then I ran a VACUUM
full ANALYZE, which went fine.

Any suggestions/recommendations/comments?
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples

Re: Input/output error

Дата:
"Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org> writes:
> This morning I encountered the following error on my 7.2 database:
> ERROR: cannot read block 16840 of commits_latest: Input/output error

> Any suggestions/recommendations/comments?

Replace your disk drive ... before it fails completely.

            regards, tom lane