Обсуждение: Trigger problem

Trigger problem

От
"jquest jquest"
Дата:
Hi,
I am new to postgresql and to this moment I am using oracle.
I use posgresql 7.1.2

I try to create very simple ( from doc. examples ) trigger:

CREATE FUNCTION add_one (integer) RETURNS INTEGER AS '
    BEGIN
        RETURN $1 + 1;
    END;
' LANGUAGE 'pgsql';

But the system report:
ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION: 'pgsql'.
    Recognized languages are sql, C, internal, and created procedural
languages.

I readet in documentation that pgsql is good solution for SP.

Where is the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Trigger problem

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Fri, 3 May 2002, jquest jquest wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to postgresql and to this moment I am using oracle.
> I use posgresql 7.1.2
>
> I try to create very simple ( from doc. examples ) trigger:
>
> CREATE FUNCTION add_one (integer) RETURNS INTEGER AS '
>     BEGIN
>         RETURN $1 + 1;
>     END;
> ' LANGUAGE 'pgsql';
>
> But the system report:
> ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION: 'pgsql'.
>     Recognized languages are sql, C, internal, and created procedural
> languages.
>
> I readet in documentation that pgsql is good solution for SP.
>
> Where is the problem?

You'll want to use 'plpgsql' which is the full name of the procedural
language.  If it still fails, it means that createlang was not used on
the database, and you'll want to issue a
createlang plpgsql <database>
as the postgres user from a shell.

Re: Trigger problem

От
Aaron Spiteri
Дата:
In postgres you the plsql equivalent is 'plpgsql' not 'plsql'.

On 3/05/02, 21:17:38, "jquest jquest" <jquest_j@hotmail.com> wrote
regarding [ADMIN] Trigger problem: