Обсуждение: RPMS

RPMS

От
"Gaetano Mendola"
Дата:
Hi to all,
I downoladed the file postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.src.rpm
I did  rpm -i postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.src.rpm
and the files was installed on

/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS

at this point I want create the RPM distribution,
I did:

$ cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
$ rpm -bl  postgresql.spec

and I have got a lot of errors.
I imagine that I should compile the stuff that are present in
the directory SOURCES, I don't have problem to do this
but I'm wondering about if somewhere exist an HOWTO.

If someone have some suggestion.....

Than you in advance.

Ciao
Gaetano

--
#exclude <windows>
#include <CSRSS>

Re: RPMS

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Thursday 25 April 2002 10:13 am, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I downoladed the file postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.src.rpm
> I did  rpm -i postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.src.rpm
> and the files was installed on

> /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
> /usr/src/redhat/SPECS

> at this point I want create the RPM distribution,

See /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/README.rpm-dist for instructions.

rpm --rebuild postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.src.rpm  should work for most cases, if
you have all the packages installed that are required to build it.

What are you rebuilding on?  (What version)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: RPMS

От
"Gaetano Mendola"
I'm trying to have RPM of Postgres7.2.1 for Linux 7.1

> On Thursday 25 April 2002 10:13 am, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> > I downoladed the file postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.src.rpm
> > I did  rpm -i postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.src.rpm
> > and the files was installed on
>
> > /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
> > /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
>
> > at this point I want create the RPM distribution,
>
> See /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/README.rpm-dist for instructions.
>
> rpm --rebuild postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.src.rpm  should work for most cases,
if
> you have all the packages installed that are required to build it.
>
> What are you rebuilding on?  (What version)
> --
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
> 1 Peter 4:11

Re: RPMS

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Thursday 25 April 2002 01:29 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> I'm trying to have RPM of Postgres7.2.1 for Linux 7.1

Unfortunately I don't have a 7.1 machine to build release RPMs on.
README.rpm-dist contains hopefully enough information to build it.  Let me
know if you get it to build.  If not, I can try to help you, given a log of
the build (rpm -ba postgresql.spec 2&>1 >logfile.log).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: RPMS

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Jeudi 25 Avril 2002 12:13, Gaetano Mendola a écrit :
> $ rpm -bl  postgresql.spec

Try rpm -ba postgresql.spec which builds both source and binary RPMs.
You may need additional libraries if compilation does not work. Building an
RPM from spec is quite usefull when you want to choose specific compilation
options.

Otherwise, if you don't need to modify compilation options, just go for :
rpm --rebuild --target i586 postgresql.src.rpm which will rebuild a binary
package.

So why is it i586 and not i686? The answer is last time I compiled PostgreSQL
7.0 for i686, I got some errors; even with all libraries installed. From
then, I always used the --target i586 flag.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE

Re: RPMS

От
"Gaetano Mendola"
Дата:
"Jean-Michel POURE" <jm.poure@freesurf.fr> wrote:
> Le Jeudi 25 Avril 2002 12:13, Gaetano Mendola a écrit :
> > $ rpm -bl  postgresql.spec
>
> So why is it i586 and not i686? The answer is last time I compiled
PostgreSQL
> 7.0 for i686, I got some errors; even with all libraries installed. From
> then, I always used the --target i586 flag.
>
> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel POURE

Is so different specify i586 instead of leave the default i386 ?

Ciao
Gaetano