Обсуждение: large table support 32,000,000 rows

large table support 32,000,000 rows

От
Christopher Smith

I have a set of data that will compose a table with 32 million rows.  I currently run postgresql with tables as large as 750,000 rows.

Does anyone have experience with such large tables data.    In addition,  I have been reading information on moving postgresql tables to

another hard-drive  can anyone advise me.

Thanks

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�

Re: large table support 32,000,000 rows

От
Heni Lolov
Дата:
Hi!
There are no problems with large tables.
I am running postgresql with a database with over 100,000,000 records.
The biggest table is with about 55,000,000 rows there are tables with with
25,000,000 and 19,000,000 rows and few other with less than 10,000,000.  It
works pretty good. It's online at http://www.astro.bas.bg/stargazer/ .
The performance is excellent. The database is about 15G.
The only problem was dump and restore while upgrading to 7.2 it took about 5
days.

Rumen

http://movies.yahoo.com/

Re: large table support 32,000,000 rows

От
"Fred Moyer"
Дата:
are you running that on 32 bit or 64 bit hardware?  I have an 18G
database which is mostly one table.  Dumps and restores in
about 2-4 hours but sometimes is slow on certain operations.
Running it on 4G Ram, redhat 7.2 enterprise kernel.

majordomo@postgresql.org)

Re: large table support 32,000,000 rows

От
"Zhang, Anna"
Дата:
I have multi tables with over 10,000, 000 rows, the biggest one is 70, 000, 000 rows. For each table, there are several indexes, almost all columns are varchar2. In my experiences, with many indexes on large table, data insertion will be a pain. In my case, I have 30, 000 rows to be inserted to a table every day, it takes hours for each table, if I drop indexes, insertion speeds up, but recreate such indexes takes 7 hours. Usually querying data is not the problem, but I think you must consider the performance if you have to insert, update data frequently like me.

Hope it helps!

Anna Zhang