Обсуждение: Client Authentication

Client Authentication

От
"Gtrica"
Дата:
Hi all

I'm trying to configure Postgress to allow restricted access to database.
I inserted in the file pg_hba.conf the following line:
local   primo
password   ./pass

the file pass in directory  "data" contains the line "giuseppe:gitrica"
when I connect using "psql primo giuseppe" I'm asked to insert the password
but it tells
"Password authentication failed for user 'giuseppe' "

Giuseppe

Re: Client Authentication

Дата:
"Gtrica" <gtricarico@intin.it> writes:
> when I connect using "psql primo giuseppe" I'm asked to insert the password
> but it tells
> "Password authentication failed for user 'giuseppe' "

Did you look in the postmaster log (its stderr output)?  There's often
more info there than is reported to the client.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Client Authentication

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Gtrica wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to configure Postgress to allow restricted access to database.
> I inserted in the file pg_hba.conf the following line:
> local   primo
> password   ./pass

Why ./pass?  I think pass would be sufficient.

Re: Client Authentication

От
tuan
Дата:
Hi,

May be you should use the program

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_passwd your_password_file

It will ask you to fill in names and passwds and make an encrypted file of it

Tuan

Gtrica wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to configure Postgress to allow restricted access to database.
> I inserted in the file pg_hba.conf the following line:
> local   primo
> password   ./pass
>
> the file pass in directory  "data" contains the line "giuseppe:gitrica"
> when I connect using "psql primo giuseppe" I'm asked to insert the password
> but it tells
> "Password authentication failed for user 'giuseppe' "
>
> Giuseppe

  /\   /\          ___________________________________________________
 (  '''  )        |Les idées qui gouvernent le monde arrivent sur les |
  (@_ _@)         |pattes des pingouins ou sur les baskets des        |
 __( Y )__        |diablotins ou à dos de Gnou (Nietzche modifié)     |
(;;)>^<(;;)       |___________________________________________________|
===\[_]/===
 ¤-((_))-¤                           --------------------

Re: Client Authentication

От
"Craig Moon"
Дата:
I was having the same problem. In pg_hba.conf I had the following lines:

local all password .superusers
local design password .pg_design

I switched the order of the lines so that the "local all" was last and that
fixed the problem

local design password .pg_design
local all password .superusers

I don't know if that will help you out or not.

Craig

"Gtrica" <gtricarico@intin.it> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to configure Postgress to allow restricted access to database.
> I inserted in the file pg_hba.conf the following line:
> local   primo
> password   ./pass
>
> the file pass in directory  "data" contains the line "giuseppe:gitrica"
> when I connect using "psql primo giuseppe" I'm asked to insert the
password
> but it tells
> "Password authentication failed for user 'giuseppe' "
>
> Giuseppe

something similar to explain

От
Lucas Rockwell
Дата:
hi,

i am running some tests and i would like to see how long it takes to run a
query. "explain" gives me query plan info, but i want to actually run the
query and then find out how long it took.

is there a way with psql to get the time it takes to perform a query?

thanks.

-lucas

------------------------
Lucas Rockwell
UAS Systems Group
510.642.6465
lr@socrates.berkeley.edu
------------------------

Re: something similar to explain

От
"Dan Langille"
Дата:
On 4 Mar 2002 at 7:28, Lucas Rockwell wrote:

> i am running some tests and i would like to see how long it takes to run a
> query. "explain" gives me query plan info, but i want to actually run the
> query and then find out how long it took.
>
> is there a way with psql to get the time it takes to perform a query?

I was told about this last night:  With 7.2, explain analyze

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/sql-
explain.html

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples

Re: something similar to explain

Дата:
Lucas Rockwell <lr@socrates.Berkeley.EDU> writes:
> i am running some tests and i would like to see how long it takes to run a
> query. "explain" gives me query plan info, but i want to actually run the
> query and then find out how long it took.

Update to 7.2 and use EXPLAIN ANALYZE.

            regards, tom lane