Обсуждение: Problem

Problem

От
"Raghav"
Дата:
Hi!!
I am trying to install Postgresql-7.2 on Windows 2000.
As per requirement I have downloaded the Cygwin and Cygipc packages.
I have also been succesful  in starting ipc-daemon service.
But when I am giving './configure'

I am geting  following message

checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking which template to use... win
checking whether to build with locale support... no
checking whether to build with recode support... no
checking whether to build with multibyte character support... no
checking whether to build with Unicode conversion support... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for default soft limit on number of connections... 32
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH"

So where am I going wrong in installing.Please guide me

Regards
Raghav.K

Re: Problem

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Raghav wrote:

> Hi!!
> I am trying to install Postgresql-7.2 on Windows 2000.
> As per requirement I have downloaded the Cygwin and Cygipc packages.
> I have also been succesful  in starting ipc-daemon service.
> But when I am giving './configure'
>
> I am geting  following message

> checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking which template to use... win
> checking whether to build with locale support... no
> checking whether to build with recode support... no
> checking whether to build with multibyte character support... no
> checking whether to build with Unicode conversion support... no
> checking for default port number... 5432
> checking for default soft limit on number of connections... 32
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH"
>
> So where am I going wrong in installing.Please guide me

Do you have development packages installed and in your path (namely
gcc in this case).

Re: Problem

От
Andreas Hierling
Raghav wrote:

> Hi!!
> I am trying to install Postgresql-7.2 on Windows 2000.
> As per requirement I have downloaded the Cygwin and Cygipc packages.
> I have also been succesful  in starting ipc-daemon service.
> But when I am giving './configure'
>
> I am geting  following message

> checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking which template to use... win
> checking whether to build with locale support... no
> checking whether to build with recode support... no
> checking whether to build with multibyte character support... no
> checking whether to build with Unicode conversion support... no
> checking for default port number... 5432
> checking for default soft limit on number of connections... 32
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH"

Your Problem obviously seems to be a missing compiler. First install the
GNU Compiler, then run configure again...

Вложения