Обсуждение: PG 7.2 tarball

PG 7.2 tarball

От
Simone Tellini
Дата:
Hi there,

I've just downloaded the sources tarball from http://www.postgresql.org/ftpsite/v7.2/postgresql-7.2.tar.gz
but I can't unpack it:

postgresql-7.2/configure.in
gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

is the file on the server corrupt or should I try to download it again?

--

Simone Tellini
E-mail: tellini@areabusiness.it

Re: PG 7.2 tarball

От
Phill Kenoyer
Try: tar xfz postgresql-7.2.tar.gz
or:  tar xf postgresql-7.2.tar.gz

If you use Netscape to download it, it is already un-gziped.

If both of the commands above do not work, then you may need to
re-download it.

|On 020207 09:52
|Simone Tellini (tellini@areabusiness.it) wrote the following...
|
|Hi there,
|
|I've just downloaded the sources tarball from http://www.postgresql.org/ftpsite/v7.2/postgresql-7.2.tar.gz
|but I can't unpack it:
|
|postgresql-7.2/configure.in
|gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
|
|is the file on the server corrupt or should I try to download it again?
--
BOFH Reason of the day: halon system went off and killed the operators.
                                               _   |       _

Re: PG 7.2 tarball

От
Phill Kenoyer
Just a note:

$ tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25
$ tar -zxf test.tar.gz
$ tar zxf test.tar.gz

Both work fine.

$ tar -fxz test.tar.gz
tar (child): test.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
$ tar fxz test.tar.gz
$

I just learned today that if I use the '-', then f needs to be last, but
without the '-', I can mix up the switches.  hmmm.

--
BOFH Reason of the day: the butane lighter causes the pincushioning
                                               _   |       _

Re: PG 7.2 tarball

От
Chris Ruprecht
Дата:

--
Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre

Re: PG 7.2 tarball

От
Simone Tellini