Обсуждение: finding file names

finding file names

От
s.chava@wcom.com (Srinivasa Rao Chava)
Дата:
In Postgresql the data file are created and named in numeric format,
instead of text format.
I would like move some of big tables' files to another disk. But how
to find out which file belong to which table.
How to map the numeric files to its respective  database objects?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: finding file names

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On 16 Jan 2002, Srinivasa Rao Chava wrote:

> In Postgresql the data file are created and named in numeric format,
> instead of text format.
> I would like move some of big tables' files to another disk. But how
> to find out which file belong to which table.
> How to map the numeric files to its respective  database objects?
> Thanks in advance for any help.

See contrib/oid2name

Re: finding file names

От
"omid omoomi"
Дата:
hi,
You can use COPY command to make a text file for any table.

regards
Omid Omoomi

>From: s.chava@wcom.com (Srinivasa Rao Chava)
>To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
>Subject: [ADMIN] finding file names
>Date: 16 Jan 2002 15:15:24 -0800
>
>In Postgresql the data file are created and named in numeric format,
>instead of text format.
>I would like move some of big tables' files to another disk. But how
>to find out which file belong to which table.
>How to map the numeric files to its respective  database objects?
>Thanks in advance for any help.

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Re: finding file names

От
"omid omoomi"
Дата:
At the moment I am using an old PG version on my machine. and it shows all
the file names by their real name under :
/usr/local/psql/data/base/mydatabasename/

Having pgdump or copy commands, why one might need to know the relation
between the numbers and the names at all? Data base recovery or data backup
process or... ?