Обсуждение: problem with dumpall

problem with dumpall

От
RED
Дата:
Hi !
I have small problem
amount size all databases ~5Gb
I make dumpall >dumpfile
when size dumpfile = 1024 dumpall print error and exit !
Linux Slackware7.2 ext2 2.4.17 gcc2.95
file size in bash - unlimit

Where is problem ?

Red

Re: problem with dumpall

RED wrote:
> Hi !
> I have small problem
> amount size all databases ~5Gb
> I make dumpall >dumpfile
> when size dumpfile = 1024 dumpall print error and exit !
> Linux Slackware7.2 ext2 2.4.17 gcc2.95
> file size in bash - unlimit

Try:

    pg_dumpall | gzip >dumpfile

pg_dump and hence pg_dumpall also has compression option flags.

Re: problem with dumpall

От
"Weiping He"
Дата:
> Hi !
> I have small problem
> amount size all databases ~5Gb
> I make dumpall >dumpfile
> when size dumpfile = 1024 dumpall print error and exit !
> Linux Slackware7.2 ext2 2.4.17 gcc2.95
                                   ^^^
I think ext2 can't support file larger then 2G,
and your DB may be near 5Gb, so it's a problem.
take a look at:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?backup.html#BACKUP-DUMP-LARGE

or change to some journal filesystem like reiserfs would help.

    regards    laser

Re: problem with dumpall

От
"Timur V. Irmatov"
Дата:
Hi!

>> Hi !
>> I have small problem
>> amount size all databases ~5Gb
>> I make dumpall >dumpfile
>> when size dumpfile = 1024 dumpall print error and exit !
>> Linux Slackware7.2 ext2 2.4.17 gcc2.95
WH>                                    ^^^
WH> I think ext2 can't support file larger then 2G,
WH> and your DB may be near 5Gb, so it's a problem.

I think the problem here is in kernel 2.4.17 ..
I had a problem with 2.4.11 kernel when i tried
to mke2fs a partition > 2 Gb in size ... mke2fs died with a message:
"file size exceeded" ...  The solution was to log in directly with
root ...

The problem lies in bash ulimits, AFAIR