Обсуждение: granting all to user

granting all to user

От
Jodi Kanter
Дата:
Can I grant a user all privileges to all the tables without having to type a
grant command for each table individually?

I know that I can use:
grant all on object to username

but I would like to set this person up as a superuser for now so that he can
assist with development.

It appears that when I set up users the default is NOT to give them access
to any of the tables. I would like to have the default set so that users can
read all the tables and then have the option to give this one particular
person full access.

Any suggestions???
thanks
Jodi

Re: granting all to user

От
"Nick Fankhauser"
Дата:
There's no command to essentially grant <priv> on all to a user, but it's
pretty easy to write a select that produces a bunch of grant statements for
you based on the system tables. then you log the results & run them...

-Nick

Re: granting all to user

От
"Nick Fankhauser"
Дата:
I should have just given you this example in my earlier reply- this is how I
quickly get a batch of grant statements- you can probably modify it for your
needs:

select 'grant select on '||relname||'to "www-data";' from pg_class where
relname not like 'pg%';

-Nick

Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Jodi Kanter writes:

> Can I grant a user all privileges to all the tables without having to type a
> grant command for each table individually?

No.  Sorry.

Typing can be automated, of course.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net