Обсуждение: Moving a database

Moving a database

От
Ewan Leith
Дата:
Hi all,

we recently upgraded from 6.53 to 7.1.2, and at the same time tried to move
the database to a new filesystem.

However, while the upgrade was 100% successful using pg_dumpall, we see that
postgres is still reading some files from the old file system (though only
updating the new files).

An example is pg_shadow which is read on both file systems whenever someone
seems to authenticate, but only updated on the new file system.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is it possible to move the location of Postgres
in this manner?

Thanks,
Ewan

Re: Moving a database

Дата:
Ewan Leith <ejl@man.fwltech.com> writes:
> An example is pg_shadow which is read on both file systems whenever someone
> seems to authenticate, but only updated on the new file system.

I don't believe it for a minute.  Please describe the actual problem
you're having, rather than jumping to conclusions about the mechanism.

            regards, tom lane