Обсуждение: Problems between Mandrake and pg

Problems between Mandrake and pg

От
Ryan Rohde Hansen
Дата:
Hi

We are a group studying at Aalborg University. We are at the moment
developing a postgresql-db (7.1.3) on Mandrake 8.0, which we intend to
access via libpq. But at the moment we can't even connect to the db.
The connection is refused and we are asked if the -i option has been set
in the startup of postmaster:

    [01gr551@ika dbkode]$ ./test1
    Connection to host=localhost dbname=01gr551 failed, PQconnectPoll()
-- connect()
     failed: Connection refused
            Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'localhost'
            and accepting connections on TCP/IP port '5432'?

The program we are running:

    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include </usr/local/pgsql/include/libpq-fe.h>

    int main()
    {

       PGconn *conn;
       const char *connection_str = "host=localhost dbname=01gr551";

       conn = PQconnectdb(connection_str);
       if (PQstatus(conn) == CONNECTION_BAD) {
          fprintf(stderr, "Connection to %s failed, %s", connection_str,

          PQerrorMessage(conn));
       } else {
          printf("Connected OK\n");
       }
       PQfinish(conn);
       return EXIT_SUCCESS;
    }

From the user it cannot be seen if postmaster is running (pg_ctl
status), but from root it is apparent that it does. It is true, that we
do not have the -i option on, but we haven't found a way to change it
that really works. We have tried changing the options in a file called
postmaster.opts but it didn't work.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what to do?

Yours in anticipation

Ryan Hansen, on behalf of group 01gr551 on AAU

Re: Problems between Mandrake and pg

От
Ian Barwick
Дата:
Hi

On Wednesday 21 November 2001 14:44, Ryan Rohde Hansen wrote:

> We are a group studying at Aalborg University. We are at the moment
> developing a postgresql-db (7.1.3) on Mandrake 8.0, which we intend to
> access via libpq. But at the moment we can't even connect to the db.
> The connection is refused and we are asked if the -i option has been set
> in the startup of postmaster:
>
>     [01gr551@ika dbkode]$ ./test1
>     Connection to host=localhost dbname=01gr551 failed, PQconnectPoll()
> -- connect()
>      failed: Connection refused
>             Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'localhost'
>             and accepting connections on TCP/IP port '5432'?
>
> The program we are running:
>
>     #include <stdlib.h>
>     #include <stdio.h>
>     #include </usr/local/pgsql/include/libpq-fe.h>
>
>     int main()
>     {
>
>        PGconn *conn;
>        const char *connection_str = "host=localhost dbname=01gr551";

Try leaving out the "host=localhost" part of the above string.
If the backend process isn't accepting connections on a TCP/IP port,
specifying a host name (even if it's the name of the local machine)
forces a connect to the port, which causes the above error.

See also:
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?postmaster-start.html#CLIENT-CONNECTION-PROBLEMS

HTH

Ian Barwick