Обсуждение: Numbers of entries in pg_trigger

Numbers of entries in pg_trigger

От
"Jeff Boes"
Дата:
Does anyone have a pointer to info on what kinds of things cause entries
in pg_trigger?  We're trying to understand why some tables have a
half-dozen corresponding entries, and some have 30.

--
Jeff Boes                                             vox 616.226.9550
Database Engineer                                     fax 616.349.9076

Re: Numbers of entries in pg_trigger

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Jeff Boes wrote:

> Does anyone have a pointer to info on what kinds of things cause entries
> in pg_trigger?  We're trying to understand why some tables have a
> half-dozen corresponding entries, and some have 30.

With that many I'd guess foreign keys.  Each fk constraint adds 1 trigger
to the referencing table and 2 to the referenced table if I remember
right.

Re: Numbers of entries in pg_trigger

Дата:
"Jeff Boes" <jboes@nexcerpt.com> writes:
> Does anyone have a pointer to info on what kinds of things cause entries
> in pg_trigger?  We're trying to understand why some tables have a
> half-dozen corresponding entries, and some have 30.

If you didn't make the triggers yourself, I think they must have come
from foreign keys.

            regards, tom lane