Обсуждение: complete output to file??

complete output to file??

От
Chris Pesko
Дата:
I use \o [file] to get output to a file but it only records the
command.  For example:

\o vac.out
vacuum verbose analyze;

I end up with one row "VACUUM" in vac.out.  I want the entire output that I
see on the screen to go to a file.  How is this done?

Re: complete output to file??

От
missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Дата:
> I use \o [file] to get output to a file but it only records the
> command.  For example:
>
> \o vac.out
> vacuum verbose analyze;
>
> I end up with one row "VACUUM" in vac.out.  I want the entire output that I
> see on the screen to go to a file.  How is this done?

I am not sure how to do this entirely within psql, but you can always
use the vacuumdb command or the -c flag to psql...

vacuumdb --verbose --analyze -d databasename >& output.txt
psql -c 'vacuum verbose analyze' databasename >& output.txt

Note that you must redirect both stdout and stderr to your file
in order to see everything. That seems to be why \o is not catching
the output that you want.

Re: complete output to file??

От
Chris Pesko
Дата:
Thank you very much.  I will try your suggestions.  I'm new to PostgreSQL
and I'm very happy with the quick responses I'm getting from the email
subscription.  It's a great help.  When I get better I will return the
favors to others in need.