Обсуждение: Finding active connections to postmaster

Finding active connections to postmaster

От
drt@un.bewaff.net (Doobee R. Tzeck)
Дата:
I want to list which users are conected to postmaster and what
they are doing. I guess I have overseen something but I wasn't
able to find any information on doing this in the handbook, FAQ
or mailinglist archives.

Is it possible to list active connectons? How?

drt

--
"Before the Internet, a certain breed of deconstructionists had a lot of fun
telling everybody that "privileging of dominant paradigms" was wrecking the

Re: Finding active connections to postmaster

От
Bramsi Prenata
Дата:
On 27 Sep 2001 10:22:02 +0200
drt@un.bewaff.net (Doobee R. Tzeck) wrote:

> I want to list which users are conected to postmaster and what
> they are doing. I guess I have overseen something but I wasn't
> able to find any information on doing this in the handbook, FAQ
> or mailinglist archives.
>
> Is it possible to list active connectons? How?

to list active connection, you can try this command in shell prompt

[bramsi@al-quds bramsi]$ ps ax | grep postgres | grep -v grep | grep -v psql | awk -F " " {'print $7'}
postgres

but i'm sorry, i do not know what they are doing rigth now.

Hope can help you.

Best regards,
Bramsi Prenata

Re: Finding active connections to postmaster

От
"Martins Zarins"
Дата:
On 27 Sep 2001, at 10:22, Doobee R. Tzeck wrote:

> I want to list which users are conected to postmaster and what
> they are doing. I guess I have overseen something but I wasn't
> able to find any information on doing this in the handbook, FAQ
> or mailinglist archives.
>
> Is it possible to list active connectons? How?
>
> drt
ps aux |grep postgres

Mark

Re: Finding active connections to postmaster

Дата:
drt@un.bewaff.net (Doobee R. Tzeck) writes:
> Is it possible to list active connectons? How?

7.2 will have a better solution to this (SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity).

            regards, tom lane

Re: Finding active connections to postmaster

От
reina@nsi.edu (Tony Reina)
Дата:
> Is it possible to list active connectons? How?

This will give a unique list of the names of those logged on:

echo Current users logged onto database:
ps ax | grep postgres: | awk '{print $6 | "sort" } ' | uniq

This will list the user and what process is being done:

ps ax | grep postgres: | awk '{print $6 ":"  $9 " on " $7}'

HTH,
-Tony

How to make 'tail -f' in PostgreSQL?

От
"Michael B. Babakov"
Дата:
 Do you know how in PostgreSQL to do the receipt of datas in process of
their
entering as a programm 'tail-f' or need to check in cycle new records
entering
every seconds?

--
Good luck,
   Michael Babakov

---
e-mail: M.Babakov@sochi.net.ru
http://sochi.net.ru/~mike

Re: How to make 'tail -f' in PostgreSQL?

От
"Jeff Boes"
Дата:
In article <3BBA0C49.226148@sochi.net.ru>, "Michael B. Babakov"
<M.Babakov@sochi.net.ru> wrote:

> Do you know how in PostgreSQL to do the receipt of datas in process of
> their
> entering as a programm 'tail-f' or need to check in cycle new records
> entering
> every seconds?

Well, this would require a sort of "continuous transaction" against a
table, which is a paradox--you only get to see the database at a given
point in time BETWEEN other transactions.

You probably want to look into the NOTIFY command.  The applications
writing data could issue a NOTIFY to indicate when they have written a
row, and the applications reading data could re-run their query when they
receive a NOTIFY event.

--
Jeff Boes                                             vox 616.226.9550
Database Engineer                                     fax 616.349.9076