Обсуждение: insert failed

insert failed

От
s.chava@wcom.com (Srinivasa Rao Chava)
Дата:
Hi,
when we try insert into a table, the inset is failing with cach look
up failure error.

Below is the complete statement and error generated.

DEPG=> insert into EXTRANET_SECTION (ID, section_name,
parent,extranetname) values (255,' Main',0, 'test');
ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 19464: cache lookup failed
DEPG=>

ANy help !!please

Re: insert failed

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On 15 Aug 2001, Srinivasa Rao Chava wrote:

> Hi,
> when we try insert into a table, the inset is failing with cach look
> up failure error.
>

> Below is the complete statement and error generated.
>
> DEPG=> insert into EXTRANET_SECTION (ID, section_name,
> parent,extranetname) values (255,' Main',0, 'test');
> ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 19464: cache lookup failed
> DEPG=>

Do you have any rules or triggers defined on the table
(for example foreign keys)?

Re: insert failed

От
Srinivasa R Chava
Дата:
Yes, there is a trigger on the table. Is there any problem with
triggers?

--

Srinivasa R Chava (Chava) <s.chava@wcom.com>
Application Developer

Re: insert failed

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Srinivasa R Chava wrote:

> Yes, there is a trigger on the table. Is there any problem with
> triggers?

It probably is saying it can't find the trigger function.  This
usually happens if you drop and recreate the function without
dropping and recreating the trigger.