Обсуждение: Problem: plperl load failed (PGSQL 7.1.2)

Problem: plperl load failed (PGSQL 7.1.2)

От
Markwalder Philip
Дата:
Hi

I tried to load plperl into postgres. But got this error message:

ERROR:  Load of file /opt/postgres/7.1.2//lib/plperl.so failed: undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup

I did compile postgres 7.1.2 and perl 5.6.1 on Linux with gcc. All the rest works ok.

My questions:
- is there somebody else having this problem?
- did anybody solve this?

( I checked out also the most recent 7.1.2 from the cvs server, but got the same messages)

Thanks

Philip Markwalder

==============================
Markwalder Philip
Consultant
Philip.Markwalder@trivadis.com

Trivadis AG
Kanalstrasse 5
CH-8152 Glattbrugg
Tel.:   +41- 1-808 70 20
Fax :   +41- 1-808 70 21
Mobile: +41-79-445 77 87
http://www.trivadis.com
==============================

Re: Problem: plperl load failed (PGSQL 7.1.2)

Дата:
Markwalder Philip <pm@ibp.ch> writes:
> I tried to load plperl into postgres. But got this error message:

> ERROR:  Load of file /opt/postgres/7.1.2//lib/plperl.so failed: undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup

Hm.  There's no such symbol anywhere in the Postgres sources.  My bet is
that you are seeing a problem with the linker failing to locate the
additional shared libraries that plperl.so requires --- libperl.so being
the most obvious one, but maybe there are more in your configuration.

Check ldconfig and so forth to see if the shared library search path
is set up correctly.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Problem: plperl load failed (PGSQL 7.1.2)

От
Markwalder Philip
Дата:
Hi Tom

Thanks to your hint.

The problem in my envirement is, that I don't use the standard perl, so the libperl.so isn't in the default ld.so.conf
directories.
After extending the envirement variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH the createlang command went smooth.

Thanks

Philip

PS: Should have thought of it myself ... :(