Обсуждение: problem in compilation.

problem in compilation.

От
Namrata
Hi :

I am having problems in compiling Postgres 7.1.
I am using the following compilers on Solaris 2.8 on a  Sparc Ultra 60
machine.

Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 C++ 5.2 2000/09/11
Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 C 5.2 2000/09/11

Is there a port available for this configuration ?

Thanks in advance,
Namrata Labade

Re: problem in compilation.

От
Peter Eisentraut
Namrata writes:

> I am having problems in compiling Postgres 7.1.

What kinds of problems?

Re: problem in compilation.

От
Namrata
Дата:
Hi There,

1. We had to make the following changes to the configure script, which
was not otherwise recognizing the presence of some libraries.

The modifications in the configure script are the following

A. Removal of -Wl from LDFLAGS

B. Addition of an empty main function ( int main() { ; return 0; } )
while creating
conftest.* files for the following checks
1. zlib.h
2. crypt.h dld.h endian.h fp_class.h getopt.h ieeefp.h pwd.h sys/ipc.h
sys/pstat.h
sys/select.h sys/sem.h sys/socket.h sys/shm.h sys/types.h sys/un.h
termios.h
kernel/OS.h kernel/image.h SupportDefs.h
3. netinet/in.h
4. netinet/tcp.h
5. string.h and strings.h
6. readline/readline.h readline.h

ii. The following change has been done in src/backend/catalog/Makefile
in the
rules for generating global.bki and template1.bki files
CPP='$(CPP) -E' instead of CPP='$(CPP)'

After these changes, the compilation went through properly, but we had
problems
while invoking initdb, as given below.

+ mkdir /export/home/users/postgres/data/base/1
+ [  = yes ]
BACKEND_TALK_ARG=-Q
BACKENDARGS=-boot -C -F -D/export/home/users/postgres/data -Q
FIRSTRUN=-boot -x1 -C -F -D/export/home/users/postgres/data -Q
+ echo Creating template1 database in
/export/home/users/postgres/data/base/1
Creating template1 database in /export/home/users/postgres/data/base/1
+ [  = yes ]
+ cat /export/home/users/manoj/postgres/share/template1.bki
+ sed -e s/PGUID/1004/g
+ ./postgres -boot -x1 -C -F -D/export/home/users/postgres/data -Q
template1
DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2001-07-09 11:28:13 IST
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 8)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 8); Undo record at (0, 8); Shutdown TRUE
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 514; NextOid: 16384
DEBUG:  database system is in production state
syntax error 1200 : -> \
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "-": can't parse "-"
+ exit_nicely
+ stty echo
+ echo

+ echo initdb failed.
initdb failed.
+ [  != yes ]
+ [ yes = yes ]
+ echo Removing /export/home/users/postgres/data.
Removing /export/home/users/postgres/data.
+ rm -rf /export/home/users/postgres/data
+ echo Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.7563.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.7563.
+ rm -rf /tmp/initdb.7563
+ exit 1

Namrata.

Re: problem in compilation.

От
Peter Eisentraut
Namrata writes:

> 1. We had to make the following changes to the configure script, which
> was not otherwise recognizing the presence of some libraries.

If you want us to be able to fix this in the master sources you need to

1. post what you did and what you got in the screen when things went wrong

2. post a context diff of your changes

3. explain why the changes fix things and not just hide the problem

There are a lot of people that successfully use what I suspect is your
system, so we can't just go in and butcher things up based on your vague
explanations.  Sorry.