Обсуждение: Limiting simultaneous connections

Limiting simultaneous connections

От
"Tauren Mills"
Дата:
Is there a way to limit the number of simultaneous connections that any
given username can make to the database?  For instance, I'd like user1 to be
able to have no more than 5 simultaneous connections to the database server,
but user2 can have 15 simultaneous connections.

Also, can these connections be limited on a per user for the entire database
server basis?  Or can they be limited on a per user per database basis?  By
this I mean, can a user create up to 5 connections to one of their databases
and then another 5 to one of their other databases (total of 10 connections
across the whole database server).  Or can they be limited to a total of 5
for any connections to any of their databases?

I will be using either 7.1.1 from RPM or 7.1.2 from source on Red Hat Linux
6.2 and 7.1.

Thanks!
Tauren

RE: Limiting simultaneous connections

От
"Tauren Mills"
Дата:
I don't mean to be a pest, but I haven't heard anything back on this subject
and have been unable to locate any information about it in the manuals.  I'm
not the only one interested in this since I've received mail from other
people asking if I have an answer yet.

Does anyone know if this is possible or not?  Or can I be directed to the
right resource to find out the answer?

Thanks!

> Is there a way to limit the number of simultaneous connections that any
> given username can make to the database?  For instance, I'd like
> user1 to be
> able to have no more than 5 simultaneous connections to the
> database server,
> but user2 can have 15 simultaneous connections.
>
> Also, can these connections be limited on a per user for the
> entire database
> server basis?  Or can they be limited on a per user per database
> basis?  By
> this I mean, can a user create up to 5 connections to one of
> their databases
> and then another 5 to one of their other databases (total of 10
> connections
> across the whole database server).  Or can they be limited to a total of 5
> for any connections to any of their databases?
>
> I will be using either 7.1.1 from RPM or 7.1.2 from source on Red
> Hat Linux
> 6.2 and 7.1.
>
> Thanks!
> Tauren

RE: Limiting simultaneous connections

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Tauren Mills wrote:

> I don't mean to be a pest, but I haven't heard anything back on this subject
> and have been unable to locate any information about it in the manuals.  I'm
> not the only one interested in this since I've received mail from other
> people asking if I have an answer yet.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible or not?  Or can I be directed to the
> right resource to find out the answer?

I don't believe that there's any way to do that kind of limiting right
now.  I'm not sure what would be involved given the current connection
system.

RE: Limiting simultaneous connections

От
"Tauren Mills"
Дата:
Stephan and Tim,

Thanks for your response.  Not exactly what I was hoping for, but at least I
don't need to keep searching any longer.

Tauren