Обсуждение: createdb -D /other/path dbname does not work

createdb -D /other/path dbname does not work

От
"Muhammed Yazici"
Дата:
hi all ,

when i do

> createdb -D /other/path dbname

I got the Message:

> ERROR: The database path '/other/path' is invalid. This may be due to a
character that is not allowed or because the chosen
> path isn't permitted for databases.

when i try to create a database anywhere else than the standard location.

I tried to set the filesystem permission to 777 but it failed either ..

Am i forced to tell postgres where databases are permitted ??
and how i can do this ??

thanx a lot in forward ..

would be nice to hear soon ..

Re: createdb -D /other/path dbname does not work

От
Stefan Huber
Дата:
Hi!

At 15:45 2001-05-18 +0200, Muhammed Yazici wrote:
> > createdb -D /other/path dbname
> > ERROR: The database path '/other/path' is invalid. This may be due to a
>character that is not allowed or because the chosen
> > path isn't permitted for databases.

Have you done an
$ initlocation /other/path
first?

Stefan

--
"On the Internet, there is no 'they'. There's only a very,
very large 'us'." --- Douglas Adams

Ynt: createdb -D /other/path dbname does not work

От
"Madness"
Дата:
Hi,

bash-2.04$ initlocation /pg_test/
The location will be initialized with username "postgres".
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

Fixing permissions on pre-existing directory /pg_test/
Creating directory /pg_test//base

initlocation is complete.

bash-2.04$ createdb -D /pg_test/ test
ERROR:  The database path '/pg_test/' is invalid. This may be due to a
character that is not allowed or because the chosen path isn't permitted for
databases
createdb: database creation failed

So, where is the problem?