Обсуждение: Major test failures on Solaris 7 for PostgreSQL 7.1.1

Major test failures on Solaris 7 for PostgreSQL 7.1.1

От
Kenneth Lareau
Дата:
I am running into a serious issue getting PostgreSQL 7.1.1 to work
on my Solaris 7 system (Ultra 10).  I've been able to build everything
fine, but I've tried multiple times to run the tests (make check) and
have nearly all the tests fail, though not always the same ones each
time.

Checking the 'regression.diffs' file shows me a lot of this:

! pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
!       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
!       before or while processing the request.
! connection to server was lost

Looking through the 'postmaster.log' file also showed this:

Server process (pid 28767) exited with status 10 at Tue May 15 14:11:27 2001

The 'status 10' I'm assuming is a SIGBUS in this case.

I've searched the archives to no avail; switching from Unix sockets
to TCP/IP sockets did *not* help at all, though others have mentioned
it's helped them.  I've used all the recommended shared memory settings
given in the documentation, so at this point I'm at a loss as to what
the problem might be.

I'm not certain what additional information might be helpful, but I'm
using gcc 2.95.2 to build, and here is my configure line:

CFLAGS=-O2 CXXFLAGS=-O2 ./configure --with-includes=/software/include \
--with-libs=/software/lib --with-CXX --with-perl --with-tcl --with\
-tclconfig=/software/tcl-8.3.1/lib --with-tkconfig=/software/tk-8.3.1\
/lib --with-odbc --enable-syslog --prefix=/software/postgres-7.1.1

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, and if more infor-
mation is needed, please let me know.

Ken Lareau
elessar@numenor.org

Re: Major test failures on Solaris 7 for PostgreSQL 7.1.1

Дата:
Kenneth Lareau <elessar@numenor.org> writes:
> I'm not certain what additional information might be helpful, but I'm
> using gcc 2.95.2 to build, and here is my configure line:

Try 2.95.3 --- another person reported that PG worked a lot better on
Solaris after he updated gcc.

            regards, tom lane