Обсуждение: createuser withpassword

createuser withpassword

От
"Ligia Pimentel"
Дата:
I want to create a user but I want to assign a password to it from the
comand line, I don't want it to be prompted. Can it be done?

Thank you

Ligia

Re: createuser withpassword

От
Joel Burton
Дата:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Ligia Pimentel wrote:

> I want to create a user but I want to assign a password to it from the
> comand line, I don't want it to be prompted. Can it be done?

Without messing w/ echoing the password with appropriate newlines, it
doesn't seem possible with createuser.

Instead:
   psql -c "CREATE USER foozle WITH PASSWORD 'blobby'" template1

HTH,
--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

Re: createuser withpassword

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Ligia Pimentel writes:

> I want to create a user but I want to assign a password to it from the
> comand line, I don't want it to be prompted. Can it be done?

psql -c "create user foo with password 'bar';"