Обсуждение: Trouble with DBD-Pg

Trouble with DBD-Pg

От
Christoph Lange
Дата:
Hi experts,

I am trying to replace another database with PostgreSQL in an existing
CGI-Perl-script. Unfortunately the following failure message stopped my enthusiasm
right at the beginning.

install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load
'/soft/perl/lib/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so' for module DBD::Pg: ld.so.1: /soft/local/bin/perl: fatal:
libpq.so: open failed: No such file or directory!

Might this problem be due to the fact that I installed DBD-Pg 0.95 "for" a
PostgreSQL-database which was running under my private directory. The current
PostgreSQL-database (7.0.3)  the CGI-Perl-script is supposed to use runs
under another directory.

Do the Perl-%ENV-hashs have something to do with this problem?

Thanks for your help, Christoph

http://www.gmx.net

Re: Trouble with DBD-Pg

Дата:
Christoph Lange <lucky78@gmx.net> writes:
> install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load
> '/soft/perl/lib/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so' for module DBD::Pg: ld.so.1: /soft/local/bin/perl: fatal:
> libpq.so: open failed: No such file or directory!

Probably you have not told ldconfig where to look for libpq.so.  The
directory containing that shlib needs to be part of the system search
path for shlibs (/etc/ld.so.conf I think).

            regards, tom lane