Обсуждение: help

help

От
Subra Radhakrishnan
Дата:
Hi All,

We are getting an error every now and then in
PostgreSQL saying 'Sorry, too many already'. We have
recently installed the database version 7.0.3. We were
able to move our data successfully from SQL*Server.
Calls to database are made from our application
written in Java, JSP. Can anyone help
me with this?

Thanks,

Subra
Chief Technical Officer
Aavanor Systems
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: help

От
Jie Liang
Дата:
Hi,

I am not sure your error msg is exact.
If Postgres say: too many clients ...
means current postmaster cannot take more client(or
say session), you need shut down current postmaster
and re_start a new postmaster with -N dd
where dd is the number of client you need,
by defualt dd=32, max dd=1024

Hope it helps.

Jie LIANG

St. Bernard Software