Обсуждение: Using psql

Using psql

От
"Sean Weissensee"
Дата:
Using psql I have had this error appearing in the last 2 days
that has not before,

we are using postgres 6.2 on Redhat linux 6.2

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
pqFlush() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
        This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

Does anyone know what could be causing this.

Sean

Ion Solutions

Re: Using psql

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Sean Weissensee wrote:

> Using psql I have had this error appearing in the last 2 days
> that has not before,
>
> we are using postgres 6.2 on Redhat linux 6.2
>
> NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
>         The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
>         I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database system connection and
exit.
>         Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
> pqFlush() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

Well, that's a really old version of postgres.  You should
probably upgrade.  In any case, there should be something
more informative in the server's logs (hopefully you've
been redirecting them somewhere useful).