Обсуждение: mysql vs postgresql

mysql vs postgresql

От
Johan Segernäs

We're going to build up some dynamic pages here, and right now we're using postgresql
and som php that a consult made for us.

My question and wonders are;
They say here and there that MySQL i _alot_ faster than PostgreSQL on SELECT-queries.
Convince it isn't. Or convince me i should use PostgreSQL.

We'll mostly have 'exam-tests' with questions/answers, and of course login before you
do the test.

Is there any good compares between mysql/postgres and maybe ms-sql or something?

Re: mysql vs postgresql

От
Karel Zak
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 03:34:21PM +0100, Johan Segernäs wrote:
> We're going to build up some dynamic pages here, and right now we're using
> postgresql
> and som php that a consult made for us.
>
> My question and wonders are;
> They say here and there that MySQL i _alot_ faster than PostgreSQL on
> SELECT-queries.

 May be faster, but is really faster for multi-access to data (more session
in one time)?

> Is there any good compares between mysql/postgres and maybe ms-sql or
> something?

 Yes, see postgreSQL.org mailing lists archive or greatbridge.com -- this
is very popular theme :-)

BTW, anywhere at http://sourceforge.net is OpenSource database test too.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

 C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz, http://mape.jcu.cz

gmake in /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.1beta5/doc/src return error

От
"Grigoriy G. Vovk"
Дата:
Dos anybody know, why I have an error when try to do gmake in the doc/src
directory?

-----------------------------
Grigoriy G. Vovk

Вложения

Re: mysql vs postgresql

Дата:
>  May be faster, but is really faster for multi-access to data (more session
> in one time)?
>
> > Is there any good compares between mysql/postgres and maybe ms-sql or
> > something?
>
>  Yes, see postgreSQL.org mailing lists archive or greatbridge.com -- this
> is very popular theme :-)
>
> BTW, anywhere at http://sourceforge.net is OpenSource database test too.

I saved two recent relivant emails from my mailbox at:

    ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mysql.mbox

Not sure what to do with it.  Anyone?

Re: gmake in /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.1beta5/doc/src return error

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Grigoriy G. Vovk writes:

> Dos anybody know, why I have an error when try to do gmake in the doc/src
> directory?

You don't have the DocBook 3.1 DTD installed at a place where jade can
find it.  It might be that you don't have it at all or that the catalog
files aren't set up correctly.  The Developer's Guide (on the web site)
contains some information about this.