Обсуждение: PL/pgSQL

PL/pgSQL

От
Oliver Vecernik
Дата:
Hi,

I recently started using postgresql. I'm running version 7.0.3 on a SuSE
7.1 Linux box. I'm trying to test the examples in the user's guide. But
I can not create a function with language 'plpgsql'.

It seems there has some installation be done to achieve that. But how?
Can anybody point me to the doc on this or give me some other hints?

Oliver

Re: PL/pgSQL

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
You need to run createlang to install the procedural languages
(createlang <language> <db>).

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Oliver Vecernik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently started using postgresql. I'm running version 7.0.3 on a SuSE
> 7.1 Linux box. I'm trying to test the examples in the user's guide. But
> I can not create a function with language 'plpgsql'.
>
> It seems there has some installation be done to achieve that. But how?
> Can anybody point me to the doc on this or give me some other hints?

Re: PL/pgSQL

От
Richard Bayet
Дата:
First, verify that the environment variable PGLIB is set to the directory
where plpgsql.so can be found.
Then use createlang as mentionned: createlang plpgsql dbname.
Note that you can make the plpgsql language available for all database if
dbname is "template1" (the "Queen" of all databases)...

PS: sorry Stephan for the private mail :)