Обсуждение: TPCH questions

TPCH questions

От
Victor Muntes Mutero
Дата:
Hello,

we have got a problem when executing some queries of tpch benchmark on
PostgreSQL.

For instance, the postgres parser do not accept the syntax of the query
number 9:

select  nation2 , o_year, sum(amount) as sum_profit
from
        (
                select
                        n_name as nation2,
                        extract(year from o_orderdate) as o_year,
                        l_extendedprice * (1 - l_discount) -
ps_supplycost * l_quantity as
amount
                from
                        part,
                        supplier,
                        lineitem,
                        partsupp,
                        orders,
                        nation
                where
                        s_suppkey = l_suppkey
                        and ps_suppkey = l_suppkey
                        and ps_partkey = l_partkey
                        and p_partkey = l_partkey
                        and o_orderkey = l_orderkey
                        and s_nationkey = n_nationkey
                        and p_name like '%green%'
        ) as profit
group by
        nation2,
        o_year
order by
        nation2,
        o_year desc;

Postgres returns the following message:

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "select"

We have tried to solve the problem and we have seen that simplifying,
the real problem shows up when trying to solve a query like this one:

select * from (select * from supplier); (for example)

What's the problem?

We've heard about some variants of TPCH queries, do you know if there is
any of these which could solve our problem?

Thanks in advance,

Victor Muntes
Pep Aguilar

what means "INSERT xxx yyy" ?

От
Jean-Arthur Silve
Дата:
Hi !

Does anyone knows what means, after an INSERT for exemple the message :

INSERT 19331808 1

What the meaning of the two numbers ?

I had a problem with a DB because I reached the max transaction ID.

So, how could i know what is the maximum ? and what is the current
transaction ID ?
Is it the first number ?

Thank you

Le simple fait de passer par la fenetre ne suffit pas a la transformer en porte.

Re: what means "INSERT xxx yyy" ?

От
"mike"
Дата:
> Hi !
>
> Does anyone knows what means, after an INSERT for exemple the message :
>
> INSERT 19331808 1
>
> What the meaning of the two numbers ?
>
> I had a problem with a DB because I reached the max transaction ID.
>
> So, how could i know what is the maximum ? and what is the current
> transaction ID ?
> Is it the first number ?
>
> Thank you

INSERT 19331808 1

That just tells you waht you did "INSERT" and it displays the oid for that
insert "19331808", as for the 1, uncertain waht it is, but its always there

Mike

Re: TPCH questions

Дата:
Victor Muntes Mutero <vmuntes@ac.upc.es> writes:
> we have got a problem when executing some queries of tpch benchmark on
> PostgreSQL.
> For instance, the postgres parser do not accept the syntax of the query
> number 9:

Subselects in FROM are supported as of 7.1, but not in prior releases.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [GENERAL] what means "INSERT xxx yyy" ?

От
"Richard Huxton"
From: "Jean-Arthur Silve" <jeanarthur@eurovox.fr>

> Does anyone knows what means, after an INSERT for exemple the message :
>
> INSERT 19331808 1
>
> What the meaning of the two numbers ?

Sorry - don't know what the first number is - I'm getting 0 here on testing.
The second is the number of rows inserted.

- Richard Huxton

Re: Re: [GENERAL] what means "INSERT xxx yyy" ?

От
Jie Liang
Дата:
I believe that first number is oid.

Jie LIANG

St. Bernard Software
Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.stbernard.com
www.ipinc.com

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Richard Huxton wrote:

> From: "Jean-Arthur Silve" <jeanarthur@eurovox.fr>
>
> > Does anyone knows what means, after an INSERT for exemple the message :
> >
> > INSERT 19331808 1
> >
> > What the meaning of the two numbers ?
>
> Sorry - don't know what the first number is - I'm getting 0 here on testing.
> The second is the number of rows inserted.
>
> - Richard Huxton

Re[3]: [GENERAL] what means "INSERT xxx yyy" ?

От
Gena Gurchonok
Дата:
Hello

>> > Does anyone knows what means, after an INSERT for exemple the message :
>> >
>> > INSERT 19331808 1
>> >
>> > What the meaning of the two numbers ?
>>
>> Sorry - don't know what the first number is - I'm getting 0 here on testing.
>> The second is the number of rows inserted.
If multiple rows inserted DB cannot show you all oids so it is "0"

Gena

Re: Re: what means "INSERT xxx yyy" ?

От
Kajetan Kazimierczak

mike wrote:

> > Hi !
> >
> > Does anyone knows what means, after an INSERT for exemple the message :
> >
> > INSERT 19331808 1
> >
> > What the meaning of the two numbers ?
> >
> > I had a problem with a DB because I reached the max transaction ID.
> >
> > So, how could i know what is the maximum ? and what is the current
> > transaction ID ?
> > Is it the first number ?
> >
> > Thank you
>
> INSERT 19331808 1
>
> That just tells you waht you did "INSERT" and it displays the oid for that
> insert "19331808", as for the 1, uncertain waht it is, but its always there
>
> Mike

The one is the number of records inserted.