Обсуждение: FATAL 1: btree: items are out of order (leftmost 0, stack 48, update 2)

FATAL 1: btree: items are out of order (leftmost 0, stack 48, update 2)

От
"Michael Miyabara-McCaskey"
Дата:
FATAL 1:  btree: items are out of order (leftmost 0, stack 48, update 2)
        before or while processing the request.

Anyone have any ideas?

I was running a script that calls "uc" from Perl... It runs for a while then
I get this error.

PGSQL 7.0.3, Linux RH 6.2 (2.2.17-RAID), 1GB MEM (gets to about 300MB of RAM
used then dies).

Michael Miyabara-McCaskey
Email: mykarz@miyabara.com
Web: http://www.miyabara.com/mykarz/
Mobile: +1 408 504 9014

Re: [SQL] FATAL 1: btree: items are out of order (leftmost 0, stack 48, update 2)

От
Jie Liang

Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.ipinc.com

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Michael Miyabara-McCaskey wrote:
*************************
if it occurs everytime you run the uc, then you 'd better check your
script or run it in debug mode to figure out the problem.

> FATAL 1:  btree: items are out of order (leftmost 0, stack 48, update 2)

**************************
following message seems to me that your postgres master dead!

> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
>

> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> I was running a script that calls "uc" from Perl... It runs for a while then
> I get this error.
>
> PGSQL 7.0.3, Linux RH 6.2 (2.2.17-RAID), 1GB MEM (gets to about 300MB of RAM
> used then dies).
>
> Michael Miyabara-McCaskey
> Email: mykarz@miyabara.com
> Web: http://www.miyabara.com/mykarz/
> Mobile: +1 408 504 9014

Re: FATAL 1: btree: items are out of order (leftmost 0, stack 48, update 2)

Дата:
"Michael Miyabara-McCaskey" <mykarz@miyabara.com> writes:
> FATAL 1:  btree: items are out of order (leftmost 0, stack 48, update 2)

This appears to indicate that you've got a corrupted index, possibly due
to carelessness about starting the postmaster always in the same locale
(see past discussions about effects of locale on index sort order).

If you can determine which index is broken, dropping and rebuilding it
should get you out of trouble.

            regards, tom lane

RE: FATAL 1: btree: items are out of order (leftmost 0, stack 48, update 2)

От
"Michael Miyabara-McCaskey"
Дата:
Tom,

Once again you are a lifesaver.

Thank you.  I ended up just dropping all the indexes on the table in
question, and life is now good.

-Michael