Обсуждение: Insert failures

Insert failures

От
Ken Kinder
Дата:
Earlier last month I posted to this list about Postgres refusing to allow
more insertions unless I dumped and recreated the database. I was asked to
send a tarball next time it happened. I don't want to post it to the list,
but if anyone wants to take a look at these data files, please send me a note.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ken Kinder
www.kenkinder.com

Consulta about BACKUP DB

От
Дата:
Hi all,

I going to cahge machine, but I need to make backup of my database, my
version of postgresql is: 6.5.3 now my version will be 7.0.

How can I to make the backup of tables, index and data?

Thanks in advanced.

--
\/_\_

Saludos,
"La Vida"

Re: Consulta about BACKUP DB

От
"jcmd@acer.com.mx"

pg_dump -Dn databasename > mybackupdatabasename.sql

to restore:

create databasename_new
psql -e databasename_new < mybackupdatabasename_new.sql

more information man pg_dump

regards

{
{How can I to make the backup of tables, index and data?
{
{Thanks in advanced.
{
{
{

Re: Insert failures

От
"jcmd@acer.com.mx"
Дата:
what kind of error messages???

regards

{Earlier last month I posted to this list about Postgres refusing to allow
{more insertions unless I dumped and recreated the database. I was asked to
{send a tarball next time it happened. I don't want to post it to the list,
{but if anyone wants to take a look at these data files, please send me a note.
{
{Thanks in advance.
{
{

Re: Consulta about BACKUP DB

От
robert.gravsjo@nsgroup.net ()
Дата:
In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0102021023230.20043-100000@ideay.net.ni>,
    <vlal@ideay.net.ni> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> I going to cahge machine, but I need to make backup of my database, my
> version of postgresql is: 6.5.3 now my version will be 7.0.
>
> How can I to make the backup of tables, index and data?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

Try
pg_dump databasename > datbase_dumpfile
to dump the database. Then create an empty database on the new server
and run
cat database_dumpfile | psql -d newdatabasename

I don't know what os your on, but this works for me on linux (SuSE 7.0).

regards
robert gravsjo

--
  Robert Gravsjö      robert.gravsjo@nsgroup.net
  System developer    Cell: +46 (0)708 72 00 46