Обсуждение: error Backing up DB

error Backing up DB

От
"Graham Vickrage"
Дата:
I am getting the following error when using pg_dump (v 7.0 on linux)

getTables(): relation 'client': cannot find function with oid 1654 for
trigger RI_ConstraintTrigger_7406341

And when I try and look at the functions using

/df

I get the following error -

ERROR:  Function 'oid8types(oidvector)' does not exist
        Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types
        You may need to add explicit typecasts

Is this familiar to anyone else???

Thanks

Graham

Вложения

Re: error Backing up DB

Дата:
"Graham Vickrage" <graham@digitalplanit.com> writes:
> I am getting the following error when using pg_dump (v 7.0 on linux)
> getTables(): relation 'client': cannot find function with oid 1654 for
> trigger RI_ConstraintTrigger_7406341
> And when I try and look at the functions using
> /df
> I get the following error -
> ERROR:  Function 'oid8types(oidvector)' does not exist

This second error message looks like you are running a 6.5 psql
against a 7.0 database server.  Possibly the pg_dump problem is of
the same making (ie, 6.5 pg_dump) --- check your PATH.

            regards, tom lane

table lock mode

От
Alfonso Peniche
Дата:
I've been looking everywhere and I can't find the answer to this one:

When a table is created in another database engine (such as Informix), you
can specify the lock mode the table will work on (page or row) for data
modification, and if no mode is specified, the default is page.

Postgres has something like this? If so, what is the lock mode by default
and how can I change this to any other mode?

Thanks