Обсуждение: Migrating from 6.3.2 to 6.5

Migrating from 6.3.2 to 6.5

От
Mário Jorge Nunes Filipe
Дата:
Hi

I'm migrating a database from an older system to a newer one.

I'm dumping the old database on a table by table basis so that reloading
becomes easier. The problem is that some of these tables have special
characters in it (like áàãóõçÇ etc) and there are some (not all) registers
wich fail to load.

Does anyone have a clue why this happens? A way to fix it...

Thanks.

P.S. I'm not sending any samples here, but i can do that if necessary.

Thanks
--
        Mario Filipe
        mjnf@uevora.pt

[Re: Migrating from 6.3.2 to 6.5

От
Mário Jorge Nunes Filipe
Дата:
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:33:59 Mário Jorge Nunes Filipe wrote:

> P.S. I'm not sending any samples here, but i can do that if necessary.

Well the anwsers weren't very encouraging so i decided to include some
examples:

i have this file with the dump:

\connect - mjnf
CREATE TABLE nacionalidade (codigo int2, nome varchar(40));
COPY nacionalidade FROM stdin;
26      Guiné
28      Moçambique
0       a prencher
30      São Tomé e Príncipe
53      Marrocos
54      França
56      Itália
57      Estados Unidos da América
22      Brasil
24      Cabo-Verde
52      Alemanha
55      Espanha
1       Portugal
20      Angola
2       Reino Unido
\.

When i do:

psql <dbname> < nacionalidade

this is the result:

\connect - mjnf
connecting as new user: mjnf
CREATE TABLE nacionalidade (codigo int2, nome varchar(40));
CREATE
COPY nacionalidade FROM stdin;
NOTICE:  CopyReadNewline: line 1 - extra fields ignored
NOTICE:  CopyReadNewline: line 5 - extra fields ignored
EOF

And select * from nacionalidade :

codigo|nome
------+-------------------------
    26|Guiné
28
     0|a prencher
    30|São Tomé e Príncipe
    53|Marrocos
    54|França
56
    57|Estados Unidos da América
    22|Brasil
    24|Cabo-Verde
    52|Alemanha
    55|Espanha
     1|Portugal
    20|Angola
     2|Reino Unido
(13 rows)

So why did the é (in Guiné) and the ç (in França) caused error and the
others didn't ?

I'm sending the file with the dump just in case any of you might want to
look at this. Thanks

--
        Mario Filipe
        mjnf@uevora.pt