Обсуждение: is a user in a group?

is a user in a group?

От
"Jacopo Silva"
Дата:
I need to find out a quick way to check which groups a user
is member of.

In the pg_group table each group row has an array of
userids of the members of the group.
At the moment I am selecting all the rows than
searching in each array for the id of the user
I am looking for.

There should be something more elegant than this!!!
There should be a system table which I can use to find
the relation between user and groups.

I would be very grateful to anyone who can help me:-).

Bye,
Jacopo

Re: is a user in a group?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Jacopo Silva writes:

> There should be something more elegant than this!!!

Correct.  And soon we'll implement something.

> There should be a system table which I can use to find
> the relation between user and groups.

And that is how we'll do it.

> I would be very grateful to anyone who can help me:-).

Sorry, at the moment there's no bettter way.

Re: is a user in a group?

От
Jie Liang
Дата:
Hi,

You need create a function use PLPGSQL(or PL/Perl) say:

ismember(groupname,username) return bool

since select grolist from pg_group where proname=groupname will return
you an array,
you can use a loop compare each element with the id from usesysid from
pg_user which match username.

--
Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.ipinc.com

Re: is a user in a group?

От
"Jacopo Silva"
Дата:
Thanks!

For now I'll keep on doing searches on arrays,
hoping for a new system table that manages
in a better way the relation between user and
groups.

Bye,
Jacopo