Обсуждение: foreign key question: the backend end the connection

foreign key question: the backend end the connection

От
"lt"
Дата:
Hi,
   I am using Postgresql 7.0.2, and have used some foreign key in my database, but I get some error like "the backend ended the connection" where I am trying to insert or delete a row to the master table(Delete cascade and update cascade). Of course, this error is no use to find the reason. So I am forced to forget foreign keys.

Re: foreign key question: the backend end the connection

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
Have you renamed any tables used in the foreign keys
(or dumped and restored with different names or some
missing tables).  Under 7.0.2 and earlier there is
a problem with postgres crashing if a constraint trigger
has bad values (due to renames or incomplete restores).
This should be fixed for 7.1 with a message that it's
unable to find the tablename.  I believe that if you
look through the archives (I forget which list though),
you will find a patch for 7.0.2 that will turn the
crash into an exception message with more information.

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, lt wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am using Postgresql 7.0.2, and have used some foreign key in my database, but I get some error like "the backend
endedthe connection" where I am trying to insert or delete a row to the master table(Delete cascade and update
cascade).Of course, this error is no use to find the reason. So I am forced to forget foreign keys.

Re: foreign key question: the backend end the connection

От
"Gavin M. Roy"
Дата:
This happens for me when the tables referenced in the foreign key don't exisit.  Hope that helps!

Gavin