Обсуждение: What is a foo.1 file?

What is a foo.1 file?

От
David Huttleston Jr
Дата:
Hello All,

  A cron job caused an update query to run out of resources.  This morning, looking
for any needed cleanup, I found a file I don't recognize.  The file tbl_voters_full
is a table involved in failed query, but not the table being updated.  The file
tbl_voters_full.1 is new to me, and it does contain data.  Is this a temporary table?
Is it safely deletable?

** snipped from a ls of /home/postgres/data/base/pacwebdev
-rw-------    1 postgres postgres 1073741824 Oct  4 23:53 tbl_voters_full
-rw-------    1 postgres postgres 144687104 Oct  5 00:09 tbl_voters_full.1

Thanks for your help,
    David Huttleston Jr

Re: What is a foo.1 file?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
David Huttleston Jr writes:

> The file tbl_voters_full.1 is new to me, and it does contain data.
> Is this a temporary table? Is it safely deletable?
>
> ** snipped from a ls of /home/postgres/data/base/pacwebdev
> -rw-------    1 postgres postgres 1073741824 Oct  4 23:53 tbl_voters_full
> -rw-------    1 postgres postgres 144687104 Oct  5 00:09 tbl_voters_full.1

The table "tbl_voters" exceeded 1 GB in size and was thus split up into
two physical files.  You will get .2, .3, etc. each time you grow another
GB.