Обсуждение: Importing table from mysql

Importing table from mysql

От
"Pragati Sagar"
Дата:
Hi!
I already have  a database created in mysql. But now I want to shift from
mysql to postgresql but my problem is how to convert mysql database to
postgresql. How will I import the tables from mysql? Please help me with
this as I have not been able to find any diocumentaion on the net.

Thanks
Anupam

Re: Importing table from mysql

От
"Anthony E. Greene"
Дата:
At 11:17 2000-06-02 +0530, Pragati Sagar wrote:
>I already have  a database created in mysql. But now I want to shift from
>mysql to postgresql but my problem is how to convert mysql database to
>postgresql. How will I import the tables from mysql? Please help me with
>this as I have not been able to find any diocumentaion on the net.

Does mysql have a command analogous to pg_dump? If you could get all the
data out and include the SQL commands it takes to recreate the database,
that would be best.

Alternatively, you export the data into tab or comma-delimited text files
and use the \copy command in psql to import it into existing tables.

 Tony
 --
 Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com>
 PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D

Re: Importing table from mysql

От
Dirk Heinrichs
Дата:
On Fre, 02 Jun 2000, Anthony E. Greene wrote:
>At 11:17 2000-06-02 +0530, Pragati Sagar wrote:
>>I already have  a database created in mysql. But now I want to shift from
>>mysql to postgresql but my problem is how to convert mysql database to
>>postgresql. How will I import the tables from mysql? Please help me with
>>this as I have not been able to find any diocumentaion on the net.
>
>Does mysql have a command analogous to pg_dump? If you could get all the
>data out and include the SQL commands it takes to recreate the database,
>that would be best.
>
>Alternatively, you export the data into tab or comma-delimited text files
>and use the \copy command in psql to import it into existing tables.

You could also write a perl script, that fetches the data from the mysql db
and inserts it into the psql db using DBI.

Bye...

    Dirk