Обсуждение: Authentification problems with local connections

Authentification problems with local connections

От
"Graham Vickrage"
Дата:
I am trying to restrict access to my databases by adding the following lines
to the pg_hba.conf file: -

local        dpstatistic                                password
local        details                                    password
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255  password

When I now try to access the database using:

[postgres@10 bin]$ psql -u dpstatistics
username: dpstats
password: dpstats

I get the following message:
"No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user dpsuper, database
dpstatistics"

despite the fact that the user dpstats appears in the pg_shadow table: -

usename   |usesysid|usecreatedb|usetrace|usesuper|usecatupd|passwd
|valuntil
----------+--------+-----------+--------+--------+---------+----------+-----
---
dpstats   |     503|t          |t       |t       |t        |dpstats   |

Is there an entry missing that I have over-looked, any help greatly
appreciated

Cheers

Graham

Re: [ADMIN] Authentification problems with local connections

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Graham Vickrage wrote:

> local        dpstatistic                                password
                         ^^^
> local        details                                    password
> host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255  password
>
> When I now try to access the database using:
>
> [postgres@10 bin]$ psql -u dpstatistics
                                       ^^^^
> username: dpstats
> password: dpstats