Обсуждение: Copy and paste in Edit Data

Copy and paste in Edit Data

От
Kieran
Дата:
Hi

Sorry if this has been raised before, but it's been a nuisance to me for
quite a while and I thought I should mention it.

To reproduce the problem :-

1. Open the Edit Data window on a table
2. Click into a text field containing some text and highlight a single word
3. Paste what you have just copied.

You will get the whole contents of the field not what you just highlighted.

My environment is
Windows Vista
pgAdmin 1.16.1

Many thanks, and it goes without saying thanks for a great tool!

Kieran

Re: Copy and paste in Edit Data

От
Michael Shapiro
Дата:
I am running 1.16.1 (Windows 7). I can reproduce this. It makes a difference, though, if you use ctrl-c vs the
right-click/Copy.ctrl-c does the whole entry, right-click/Copy gets just what is highlighted. ctrl-c gets the whole
<spandir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:kieran.mccusker@kwest.co" target="_blank">kieran.mccusker@kwest.co</a>></span>
wrote:<br/><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> Hi<br
/><br/> Sorry if this has been raised before, but it's been a nuisance to me for<br /> quite a while and I thought I
Clickinto a text field containing some text and highlight a single word<br /> 3. Paste what you have just copied.<br

Re: Copy and paste in Edit Data

От
Dave Page

I am running 1.16.1 (Windows 7). I can reproduce this. It makes a difference, though, if you use ctrl-c vs the right-click/Copy. ctrl-c does the whole entry, right-click/Copy gets just what is highlighted. ctrl-c gets the whole entry even if nothing is highlighted.

Sorry if this has been raised before, but it's been a nuisance to me for
quite a while and I thought I should mention it.

To reproduce the problem :-

1. Open the Edit Data window on a table
2. Click into a text field containing some text and highlight a single word
3. Paste what you have just copied.

You will get the whole contents of the field not what you just highlighted.

My environment is
Windows Vista
pgAdmin 1.16.1

I believe the attached patch fixes this. With it, if you're in Edit Mode in a cell, then Copy works more like it would in a regular text box - only the highlighted text is copied, and there are no quotes etc. added. In View Mode, whatever cells are selected will be copied, and quoting/delimiting applied.

Can someone review it please (Dhiraj :-p )?

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: Copy and paste in Edit Data

От
Dhiraj Chawla
Дата:
Hi Dave,

I had some problems with the applying the patch because it seems corrupted with characters ^[[m at the beginning and end or lines of the patch code. Once I removed them the patch applied properly.

The patch is working as expected and I have tested in all scenarios that I could think of. While reviewing I have only one doubt:

Should'nt we remove the definition and declaration of the OnCopy() function from ctlSQLGrid [ void ctlSQLGrid::OnCopy(wxCommandEvent &ev) ] as it is no longer being called, owning to the removal of the event trigger in the patch?

- EVT_MENU(MNU_COPY, ctlSQLGrid::OnCopy)

Apart from this the code looks good to me.

Thanks,

[...]

regards,

Dhiraj Chawla
Software Engineer
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Phone: +91-20-30589522

Re: Copy and paste in Edit Data

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Dhiraj Chawla
<dhiraj.chawla@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I had some problems with the applying the patch because it seems corrupted
> with characters ^[[m at the beginning and end or lines of the patch code.
> Once I removed them the patch applied properly.

Hmm, must have been where I was working on Windows.

> The patch is working as expected and I have tested in all scenarios that I
> could think of. While reviewing I have only one doubt:

Cool.

> Should'nt we remove the definition and declaration of the OnCopy() function
> from ctlSQLGrid [ void ctlSQLGrid::OnCopy(wxCommandEvent &ev) ] as it is no
> longer being called, owning to the removal of the event trigger in the
> patch?
>
> - EVT_MENU(MNU_COPY, ctlSQLGrid::OnCopy)

No, because ctlSQLGrid::OnCopy is still called by frmQuery to handle
copying from the Query Tool.

> Apart from this the code looks good to me.

Thanks - will apply.